Treasures of the Heart

Sunday, November 23, 2008

This delicious tomato soup was wonderful and very warming on a totally chilly day. I found the recipe on www.yourhomebasedmom.com. However, as usual, I had to improvise like I always do when cooking. Here's my version of her recipe. (by the way her blog is a delightful place for finding recipes.) Briefly cook in about 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil: 1/2 onion, 3 cloves finely chopped garlic, 2 or 3 fresh Roma tomatoes chopped Add about 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs (I used basil and oregano from my garden pots) Add 2 cans tomato sauce - bring to a soft bubble for a few minutes. Serve with cilantro finely chopped (easy to grow in a pot) add cubed cheese if desired For dessert I served freshly baked blackberry pie (exactly as the recipe is on her blog). I forgot to take a picture but it looked just like the picture on Leigh Anne's blog.

1 comment:

Jake and Susie said...

That soup tasted as good as it looks! Thanks Mom for making it for us!

Blog Archive


We baked yummy apples on the coals